1. 7
  1.  

  2. 1

    Hopefully the quality of the API will improve as a result.

    Worked on it on several projects and doing even basic things is just plain counter intuitive.

    1. 1

      I found it worked better than any other Java libraries I tried, especially for cases where I needed automatic page layouts, page numbering, and external fonts. I ended up forking it and adding a Clojure wrapper for it that uses a declarative syntax for defining documents. I also ended up making a Java wrapper on top of that with a JSON based API, e.g:

      [{"right-margin": 50,
        "subject": "Some subject",
        "size": "a4"},
       ["heading", "Hello World"],
       ["paragraph", "some content..."]]
      

      Now that the project is maintained again, I’m thinking of updating my library to start using OpenPDF instead of maintaining my own.