I’m planning to build a custom workstation for fun. Some of my design goals here -
- I won’t be running a lot of graphics heavy games, although might will do a bit of video editing occasionally. So, a decent video card will do.
- Support for Bluetooth/WiFi with open source drivers
- High speed ethernet (with good support for open source drivers again).
- Support Multi/Dual-Monitors
- Display - support DP cable
- Good if it can support *BSD operating systems too - as I plan to install and tinker with them too. (Would be a killer to have them too. But not a dealbreaker though if I can get a good build for Linux)
- Planning to have 16 gigs of RAM to start with. But, should be upgradable at a later point.
Storage - SSD for boot drive. HDD for other storage.
- I’m not sure if I should go with a custom sound card. Any recommendations/suggestions welcome.
Are there any recommendations for hardware?