- Do you like discussing things with other crustaceans?
- Do you hate leaving the house, or do you just live inconveniently far from other people?
- Do you have a functioning microphone/camera/keyboard?
If you answered “yes”, “sure”, or “what are you selling?” to any of the above, then you’re the lobsters we’re looking for!
I’d like to start a thread to give site users the opportunity to coordinate on meeting each other online and having a friendly chat!
- If interested, make a post in this thread. Include preferred contact method, areas of expertise, hobbies, and things you don’t want to talk about.
- Users who want to pair up reply to your post.
- Using PMs, orchestrate virtual meetup with partner.
- PM me (angersock) when you’ve had a meetup so I can see how many people did it. If we get enough interest, we can maybe do a reflection thread later (mods willing).
- Don’t be a jerk to other lobsters. Don’t be skeevy. Be polite.
- Try keeping conversations between 0.5 and 1.0 hour, because that’s easier to schedule.
- Consider using voice-only for communications if you aren’t comfortable, at least for this first run.
- Consider using throwaway accounts (with your username in there somewhere) for the first run.
- Talk with lobsters who know more than you about something.
- Have fun!
EDIT: Shoutout to @ngoldbaum for the new name!