- Multiple improvements to Promise support in async_hooks have been made.
- The compiler version requirement to build Node with GCC has been raised to GCC 4.9.4.
- Users now have more fine-grained control over the inspector port used by individual cluster workers. Previously, cluster workers were restricted to incrementing from the master’s debug port.
- The server used for DNS queries can now use a custom port.
- Support for dns.resolveAny() has been added.
- The npm CLI has been updated to version 5.3.0. In particular, it now comes with the npx binary, which is also shipped with Node.