Does anybody know of a simple provider that lets me:
- Pick a database (MariaDB, Postgres, Mongo, whatever)
- Pick a topology for resiliency/backups/read-followers, whatever
- Point my application to the thing
- Optionally provide shell/Web access to manage my database.
The only options I see are either:
- Amazon/Google who have a bajillion more options than I care about (and want to spin up whole machies)
- Shitty web hosts (Hostgator, etc.) that have a sideline in barebones PHP databases with exploits and blogs built in.