According to you what are the requirements for a language to be ready to go to production?
I gathered the following requirements:
- Editor and IDE support,
- Package manager (pip, yarn, cabal, quicklisp, akku, …),
- Package index (e.g. pypi, cpan, …),
- Test framework with coverage and profiling,
- Step debugger and inspector,
- Logging system and integration with existing monitoring systems (syslog, statsd, prometheus, ELK, sentry, rollbar),
Outside “an army of developer” what makes a programming language viable for production?