1. 1

    I tried this, but I’d like something where I can use cd or source.

    So I made this: https://gist.github.com/HackerFoo/19f3666e7feb93df2e5b4d2c22991029

    The commands are just what I’m working on right now; it’s easy to modify, and sources itself each time the go function is called.

    1. 1

      Implicitly sourcing a bash script that happens to be in the same directory seems really insecure.

      1. 1

        It expands to an absolute path: source ~/.go.bash

        1. 1

          Also, isn’t make or just almost as insecure?

          1. 1

            Oh, you’re right. I misread it. I thought it was project-specific, but it’s actually system-wide. My mistake. Carry on.

      1. 1

        Note that Linus’s comment was about code where the VLA would always be the same length for a given architecture, so a fixed size should have been computed at compile time.

        1. 2

          I’m totally going to read this carefully when I get some time. But meanwhile, just at a glance, the responsive layout with the columns is amazing! Readable and no space wasted! Why don’t all websites do this?

          1. 1

            Thanks! I spent a lot of time on the design.

            Some people don’t like scrolling up and down, but I can’t stand the ridiculously large margins on a wide screen monitor, and I like the look of an academic paper mixed with some hand-drawn elements.

          1. 1

            Your slideshow presentation was really interesting given it mixes concatenative and functional. I suggest submitting it next.

            1. 2

              Thanks. I guess I should update the presentation, since it was a year and a half ago, and then fill it in to make a full article.

              1. 1

                That sounds even better!

            1. 2

              I took a short break from PoprC to polish up a C library I’ve derived from that project that I call Startle.

              It has a lot of nice features that make it much easier to start a new C project, while staying lightweight and not requiring any heap allocation.

              I have also made an example project to which I’ve been adding bits of code to demonstrate usage of the library.

              I hope to get some time to fix some more test cases with PoprC so I can get closer to getting the library working again.