1. 1

Is there a web-based apporach to doing the Carmack Plan files for teams?

1. 2

For Android users - orgzly is the go-to (http://www.orgzly.com/)

1. 4
        • Notes: free one hour sessions for early stage projects!
        1. 6

This comes off more like self promotion than an offer to provide mentorship.

1. 3

To me it seems like both, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

1. 1

I did a quick rain-check on the IRC channel if such a post is okay with us - all I got was one thumb up. But myself I wasn’t sure if this would fly. My only line of defense is that I guess we could both agree that there exist more powerful and direct ways of self-promotion.

1. 3

I’ve decided to spice up my schedule by giving out 1-hour long mentornig/coaching sessions for early stage startups/projects. If you know someone who is either stuck or needs a brain to pick - I’d be glad to help.

Free of charge, no strings attached -wanted to start giving something back to the community. Details http://generativestuff.com/sparring/

1. 5

Jerry Coin - a coin about nothing

1. 1

You have powerful automation tools at your disposal, scripting and browser automation at you fingertips, but instead you turn yourself (even more than before) into a factory worker optimizing the ergonomics of your tools. I find this a step backwards.

1. 1

Well I’ve done both - I also have quite a bit of automation using command-line scripts, using custom-built tools, and using browser extensions sitting on top of whatever I’m looking at as well.

Customizing your input methods isn’t a step backwards, it’s just optimizing a different direction. This custom hardware, when paired with my custom software, makes for a really comfy working setup :D

1. 2

I read most of the article, but I’m not sure what inks actually is. It’s 90% up my alley, but I’m missing a line or two explaining what it is - just looking at the page wasn’t too revealing for me.

1. 1

seems like a minimal version of Pinboard?

1. 1

A more personal Slashdot - links with editor-written snark and insight. Or something like Daring Fireball, where its a dude’s thoughts on things he shares on the internet. Or maybe its inks - it’s links, but without an “l.”

1. 8

For anyone considering this, there’s also a more elaborate fuzzy searcher called fzf that comes with shell history search shortcut

1. 1

I’m using fzf and I was wondering whether there’s any advantage using hstr (performance, packages, etc) - as it offers the same feature (and a lot more).